Friday, April 06, 2007

March Questions: Blogging III

These were two sets of questions but since on the same topic of journaling/blogging I am combining them.

First question was asked about my blogspot: Why do you use the icons like LJ in your posts?

I am visual....suppose that is linked to the artist side in me. I got hooked on icons when I started my livejournal. If you look at my livejournal profile, you will see I am an icon whore as I belong to a ton of icon communities. I also started making my own icons about 2 years ago. And so have an icon community for them - The Unexpected Box. They are little 100 x 100 box that expresses something about how I am feeling or just relates to the post. So basically it gives a little picture of what the post might be about.


Do you journal so that you can express your thoughts for yourself? Or do you journal so that others can read what you have to say? Or is it a combination of both? Do you get upset if no one comments on what you have written? Do you prefer that people don't comment? Did you journal before the electronic medium? Do you journal because the person that owns you says you have to? If that is the case, is it more of a chore or a pleasure?

I answered some of these in another my first March Question & Answer post so this might sound like a repeat - at least a little bit.

Breaking the questions apart...
Do you journal so that you can express your thoughts for yourself? Or do you journal so that others can read what you have to say? Or is it a combination of both?

Yes I do journal to express my thoughts. I journal to just get things out that are banging around inside my head. I also journal because I do like to share and get feedback from others. Way back when I started journaling I was inspired by several but few adult type blogs that were out there...Jane of Jane's Guide had a blog talking of her kink experiences as well of poly lifestyle. Heather Corinna well she is just all around great and sex positive and the only link I have had for all 7 years of blogging. A couple others that aren't around anymore (including shimmering - miss her posts).

Do you get upset if no one comments on what you have written? Do you prefer that people don't comment?

Blogger: When I first started blogging, comments weren't something anyone did. It just wasn't a part of blogging services. When it did come available I tried it out for like 2 weeks and I got slammed with rude and you need to be saved type comments. So I stopped that. I didn't start up again with comments until I was with Master. I really enjoyed leaving comments on other blogs so thought why not give it another try. At first I got a lot and really enjoyed the feed back. But then they died down. And that was okay. I do like comments but it is okay when I don't receive them. If I don't want comments on blogger, I either blog offline or I just post it on livejournal and turn off comments. I know blogger has that option but if I am feeling the need to turn off comments usually it is something very sensitive or hard to write about and so I don't share it on blogger.

Livejournal: When I first started over on livejournal, I instantly felt different about comments - there. Comments there seem different too - almost community/elist interaction. I like that interaction. So the answer is I do like comments. When I don't want comments, I either don't journal online or I turn off comments and at times filter.

I really appreciate all comments I got - via blogger or livejournal. Thank you!

Did you journal before the electronic medium?

yes I have kept journals on and off since in Junior High. And I still at times keep one offline - either through a just a word document or a handwritten journal.

Do you journal because the person that owns you says you have to? If that is the case, is it more of a chore or a pleasure?

No, Master doesn't tell me I have to journal. He actually read my journal long before contacting me. And I inspired him to start one - and all that before we exchanged our first emails. He likes that I journal. He does not dictate what I write or when I write and I am very thankful for that. He just wants me to share and write about whatever I can...whenever I can.

Blogging Q&A Part 1 and Part 2.

I know it isn't March but please still feel free to ask questions! I have I think one or two more that were actually asked in March to do.

**Feel free to ask anything you might want to know and I will answer. I am screening the questions AND allowing anonymous comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...