Wednesday, March 07, 2007

March Questions: Blogging II

Sometimes when i have so much going on and need to talk i find it hard to write in my Lj. I find myself editing because i know people will read it. Do you do that too? Do you sometimes write privately about your more intimate feelings?

Yes, I do edit myself..unfortunately. I do that more now that I am Master's. Often that is because sometimes I know I am being irrational or too emotional and when I calm down I will think/feel more calmly and clearly. And I feel venting or just expressing emotions in the moment could be taken wrong....as I have had that happen and lost friends because of it. Master does want me to be as open as I can but understands the public nature of blogs that I do struggle. If I really need to get something out that I have problems doing publicly then I write offline either a word doc or paper journal.

I do have to say livejournal has allowed me to be a little more free with my words...having filters and the ability to lock posts. But I don't filter all that often.

I do have to say overall though when I have shared on a locked post and/or filtered something very hard to share I have had nothing but good/positive feedback so I guess I should see that and take a step to be more free with what I am saying when I need too.


**Feel free to ask anything you might want to know and I will answer. I am screening the questions AND allowing anonymous comments.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I sometimes edit -- because I have found that just letting everything that can form up in my head spew out can be hurtful to those I care about. On the other hand, I've found that the ones I've lost because I've written my truth were never really "friends." The friends have remained steadfast through everything that I ever thought or said.

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...