Tuesday, April 03, 2007

March Questions: Art

how do you get your nerve up/steel yourself to enter into any art competitions?

I don't really do art competitions but I guess a juried show could be considered a competition. I still haven't done lots of it. I go through moments of intense fear that halt my creating all together...so I guess I haven't learned to steel myself completely yet. But the two things that come to mind that really made me start going for it:

1) Master and friends: I have been lucky enough to have very good friends and Master encouraging me to put myself out there and without their support I am not sure I could have done it.

2) Swaps/Trades: I think really also what helped me is doing artists trades and swaps for a while. It helped me gain some confidence in myself and what I do.

I know when I entered the SWLC art event I just kept having that little voice inside that said...if you don't do this you will regret taking a leap. So it was just needing to take that leap...and I am completely thankful I did it. And thankful for Master and my friend that really really encouraged me to go for it. I set some goals for myself for 2007 but entering that event really pushed me more set some 2007 art goals in putting myself out there more.

It is scary but if I don't do it...then...I know I will regret it. And that helps me going forward.

(the images are a work that I submitted to SWLC art event and I also sold it to someone that attend the conference because they were really taken with it after seeing it there. The triptych is titled Section 2257.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...