Saturday, April 14, 2007

Q&A: What do I get...

What do you get out of slavery? By this I mean, what makes all the sacrifices worth while? What is it that keeps you from wanting more equality, especially in the everyday aspects?

The above questions were asked of me after posting a slavery post a few weeks ago. I think that the things that some might view as sacrifices aren't really sacrifices for me. Most of the time things that are viewed a sacrifice to others are actually fulfilling my need to serve and that need to have someone to bend to. So many little things fulfill my desire to serve. If I am making bigger sacrifices, it is because I see the long term big picture. Last year Master and I both made MANY sacrifices. We were just burnt out - each for our own reasons but over all reason being starting up a business. So we made those sacrifices as we have faith and foresight for the relationship as a whole. Everyone has to make sacrifices no matter if you are in a vanilla relationship or not. It is just part of a relationship. And so some of those sacrifices do feed my service needs and others I suck it up and deal as it is just part of being dedicated to a relationship.

So such as an example I used in the slavery post...the never buying a tube of lipstick again without asking. It is a struggle at times but for me looking at it long term...is giving up the freedom to buy a tube of lipstick worth the trade to serve, be able to be completely free to be me....to be in this type of dynamic that I thrive in and am fulfilled in? NO WAY!

I don't want equality. I don't desire at all to be his peer. If he started treating me as his equal, we would probably be sitting down to discuss what the heck was going on....and same way if I asked to be equal he would be wanting to know what is up. We are who we are together because we are able to be who we are...and that fits together nicely! If he didn't want to have the power, control, authority in this relationship - and I didn't want to bend, yield, obey, serve....then we wouldn't be together. We work because we both get things out of this relationship by being able to just be.

I hope that makes sense....and if it doesn't please feel free to tell me...or ask more questions! Always open for questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...