Monday, September 16, 2002

I did not sleep last night. Mostly because I was up worrying about things….

Communication! Ugghhhh

Reactions, thinking, feeling…it all was going through my mind last night. No wonder I did not get any sleep.

Everything is a reaction. No reaction is a reaction. Just like making no decision on something is a decision. So everything could be a reaction. Words said…the tone, the sentences they are used in, the body language of the person as they say and so many other things show the reaction.

I can at this time think of 2 people that I know that don’t react. They think through the issue/statement/emotion/thought before reacting…that is if they even react.

Last night to me…some words used were reaction and emotions though they were coming in behind the thoughts. They were not emotion based…they were thought out but to me there seemed to be emotions behind the thoughts. Is that a bad thing to me? No way. It to me is communication. It is interacting. Reaction is not a bad thing to me.

There are some reactions that can be….and that is when there is a lack of control that is detrimental to the person reacting and if they are taking it out on someone then of course that is not a good thing. But just reacting and expressing that reaction to me is not a bad thing.

As I write this …I worry that my words will be misinterpreted…and that miscommunication can start again.

I was discussing with someone early this morning that I need to vent. I vent and then many times the thing I was venting about is done…and gone. There are things that happened last night month that I vented about but at this moment I can’t tell you most of them. (Of course the one thing still is in my mind but that is going to be a while before it is repaired.) But like I said a lot of it is done and gone. I reacted by venting. And that venting in turn helped me deal with it and let it go. Seems like a good thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...