Monday, December 11, 2006

Holiday Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Santa puts them in our stockings unwrapped. When I was a little kid though he put them in our stockings unwrapped but also a few wrapped under the tree.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? Colored - red on tree. None on the house
4. Do you hang mistletoe? no
5. When do you put up your decorations? Dec 7 - right after Master's birthday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? hmmm not sure....just some of the goodies my Mom and Grandma make like Lesfe or Fattigmanns
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? One I already described at the end of this entry.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? hmm I don't recall. I guess though I still believe in Santa just a version that there is magic and things to believe in although you don't always see them/it.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Growing up my family opened them on Christmas Eve. Master's family does them Christmas morning though so that is what we do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Red lights, ribbon garland and lots of ornaments that have meaning to us. Like Master has several drum ornaments that he was given over the years because he is a drummer. He has some that his Grandmother made. I have some from my childhood and then gifts from my sisters and friends over the years.
11. Snow! Love or Dread it? like it....I have good memories of it. But i don't like being cold now
12. Can you ice skate? Maybe....I haven't in many many many years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? None are standing out to me.
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? family...Christmas spirit for me is family. I love spending Christmas with Master alone but I also miss my family a lot this time of year.
15. Favorite holiday dessert? no dessert just lots of goodies....pecan pie bars and the things I mentioned above...oh and sour cream cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? just being together....enjoy time together....seeing the magic and spirit of the season.
17. What tops your tree? nothing at the moment as the star we bought last year is too heavy for it.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Grown Up Christmas List or I'll Be Home for Christmas
20. Candy Canes? Sure

1 comment:

  1. Wow...great meme, danae. I'm going to borrow this meme if that's ok. :) It's a really good one.
    Loved your answers...
    BIG HUGS
    padme

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...