Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Look Back....October

Again....I didn't get to do a Winter Count this year. But going to do my version of Winter Count by going back into my archives and finding entries that touch me, are favorites, important to me or that month, or that just have some meaning to me.

So here is October (my version) Winter Count...

Really October wasn't a big blogging month for me as we were out of town for 3 weeks and then when we came home I was sick for a week.

But October did mark my 6 year anniversary of blogging. And so I did my traditional quote for the entry from the Velveteen Rabbit about being real. For me blogging is about being real. It helps me stay on course and be true to myself....as my life is there in the print before my eyes. I have been told a many times my blog isn't a "true sex slave" blog because I don't write about sex or SM that much and well....then I guess I am not a "true" sex slave. But I am a slave in a Master/slave relationship and this is my real life....boring as it might seem to many out there. I am thankful it is my life.

Recently I had something happen that upset and shocked me. And after I read that quote again it made me thankful all over again for being real. My life isn't all roses and sunshine. It does have really spectacular times that just don't always write. As a friend said we tend to write when things rough and when things are going good we are offline having fun. But the last line is what really spoke to me today..."once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

I don't expect everyone to understand my relationship with Master. But I am thankful to those that accept it. And even a bigger thing...those that accept I know what is best for me and no one else can really know that...that is being real.

2 comments:

  1. Please know that I appreciate the life glimpses you share and the honesty with which you do it. I think you understand that I resonate with your sense that living this isn't always "easy" and that it isn't always or even mostly about sex or SM, but that serving and being "real" within this kind of relationship has both its challenges and its demands. I am very glad to know you.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. swan, thank you so much for your comment. You know I resonate with your sense of living also. I know you get me in a way that some I thought were good close friends don't because we walk a similar path. I have been meaning to drop you an email but time always gets away from me. But know I think of you often...and read your words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...