Thursday, November 04, 2004

Political: Sad and Upset

Tuesday night we went to bed before it was declared because Ohio was still in the counting stages…as were a few others states. So when I woke up yesterday, I came into the office as I knew Master would have the answer I had been waiting for all night long. And I tried to tell myself "no that it was not true" and that Ohio still had not been counted but about an 30 minutes later as I was making Master's breakfast the tears hit me. I started crying. I have never before in my life cried after an election. Before it was always, "oh great" and a roll of the eyes. But this year I broke down and cried.

I can't believe American's want this man as their president. I don't understand it.

Wil Wheaton posted this from Oliver Willis: "The amazing thing to me about this race was that Bush could be as divisive as he wanted to be, but it never penalized him. The most important things in the world were responded to with infantile answers or complete ignorance. Where he stood was clear. Simplicity wins."


I don't get why all the things he does is okay to them. Master wrote in his Spoon's Rant: " In the land of the "lesser of two evils," clearly America felt it was best to stick with the evil they have grown accustomed to."

I see that to a point and then I go over all the the articles and facts I read about Bush and then get totally confused by people want someone who has had people die because of his lies. Or someone who has made the deficit at is all time high. Someone who has spent social security. Someone who has broken so many promises (educations, economy, environment, health care, and so on). Someone who goes by their gut or praying about it. Someone who gives faith incentives to Christians but no any other religious group, and gives no rights to gays.

Moral Values. If that is what having moral values is then I don't want any part of it.

My sister is gay and I cried for her yesterday. I cried that this country and government thinks of her as non-person. It sickens me to think that we elected a person who thinks of her as a non-person. It sickens me to think of where this war will go. It sickens me to think of where this country will be in 4 years.

I screamed and cried yesterday. I feel so sad. And I am still upset today.

I don't get it.

I understand Kerry was not the ideal candidates but I don't get where Bush was BETTER. And I can't believe people are not scared about their rights being taken away with Bush as president.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...