Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Life Update and Gratitude Tuesday...

Still battling depression. I am really tired - but having insomnia. At 3am I was cleaning the bathroom and then cleaned the kitchen after that. I feel burnt out and know I am missing things. I am not happy about that. I have lists that I make they just get put in a pile with other lists not really addressed as I can't get to it all. Truly I have a list in my inbox from last week that I didn't even have time to open/do so it is still sitting there unread. I have lists all over the place and either I am so busy that I can't get to them or I forget about the list. I feel like I am juggling all these ball and now I am standing there watching them fall and trying to decide what ball to try to catch first. And so I might get in my grasp a few but the rest are scattered all over.

On top of that I was starting to get a cold and then hit the airborne heavy and so far so good....it has back off! So that was a good thing.

Speaking of good things....

Ceeci started Gratitude Tuesday...so since this is my first one I will be starting with "A"



~ Air: When I was cleaning the bathroom at 3am - I ended up using some bleach and so I became very appreciative of air as bleach even in little amounts doesn't like my asthma

~ Airborne: That seems to have kept my cold from getting worse.

~ Art: doing and seeing art

~ Antiques, Architecture, Archeology: Each thing has a piece of history...each has a story. And also at the time it is today and present. Which made me think of a quote: "Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

~ Aquafina: I have been going through a lot of bottle water lately...the colder the better

~ Anal sex: decided to do one naughty one....because oh how I like anal sex

~ Apple: It is starting to get into that season when apples with peanut butter are such a great snack

~ Apple Cider: I really enjoyed hot apple cider in the fall.

~ Autumn: It is almost upon us. I love the crisp, cool air. I love the colors of leaves...the changing of the seasons. So beautiful.

~ Age: I am going to be 39 in a month and although I am feeling down about it...I really should be grateful for each birthday and day of life I get.

~ Acid free papers: Use them in art so that they don't fade and make the things on them change colors or deteriorate.

~ Asiago Cheese - I just like the flavor so much!

~ Archives: right now I am thinking of archives of lj - I couldn't remember when something happened and I just went back in my archives and found it. So right now it is my memory and thankful for it.

~ Acceptance: It is just something that I am grateful to those that do accept me.

~ Acknowledgment: Kind of goes with the one above for me as today I was at least acknowledge in something by Mom that I needed to hear. It wasn't perfect but it was better then it has been in the past. So I am grateful for that.

So that is it for this weeks Gratitude Tuesday!

On with my life update....

Master is healing. He is on crutches still but he is able to get around a little more...put more weight on it...bend it more and more. I am glad he is healing. He has been busy now that he can move around more - he is catching up on work. My Grandmother is turning 90 and so he is doing a video for her birthday party. He is the BESTEST Daddy!

So what else to write....

Food equals comfort...

Saturday I made a concoction for dinner that turned out very well - a steak cut into chunks, can of diced tomatoes with juice, 1 cup of beef broth, garlic, onions, green beans, great northern beans with some black pepper and a little oregano thrown into the crockpot and cooked all day. I stirred in some rice at the end. It was very yummy and made the house smell amazing.

Last night I made balsamic roasted chicken but I don't feel it was very flavorful. Master loved it and raved about several times throughout the evening. But I was a little ehh on it. I couldn't taste the balsamic at all.

Tonight I made nachos and they were so good! I think we both had been craving them.

Not much else going on....working. I have a pretty big project to finish before we head out of town the first week of October. And then one other appointment to do also.

2 comments:

  1. Danae, Hello! This is my first time to your site, it's very pretty. I was checking my Technorati "who links to me" list and there you were...and you'd written your first Gratitude list. I really enjoyed reading it, we have several things in common. Thank you so much for joining the project. I hope it is a good experience for you, it has helped me in many, many ways with my own struggles with depression and negative thinking. I hope to visit you next week for the letter "B."

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you padme! I went by your journal last week but sorry my brain is just not working well enough to comment. But know I am reading and thinking of you!

    Ceeci, Thank you for starting Gratitude Tuesday. I do positive Monday's and now Gratitude Tuesday and at times I try to do a gratitude list on Friday's but I haven't done one in a long time. I do think they help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...