Monday, June 18, 2007

Updated Book List....

1. Collage Discovery
2. Tipping the Velvet
3. Danse Macabre
4. The Crimson Petal and The White
5. Artists' Journals & Sketchbooks
6. Creative Utopia: 12 Ways to Realize Total Creativity
7. The Academy
8. The Reunion
9. Bondage
10. The Rapture of Canaan
11. Kink
12. Suicide Blonde
13. The Marketplace
14. The Slave by Laura Antoniou.
15. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo - I really enjoyed the story. This is the first time I really have read one of his books and not felt I learned something after. This was just entertainment. It was a book about a prostitute and also had some SM in it too. I found it interesting since I was a prostitute. And well I like SM. :)
16. He, She, It by Marge Percy - EXCELLENT book! If you like anything set in the future - this book was very interesting. If you like history also you will like this book as it does go through Jewish history of 1600 Prague.
17. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
18. Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond The Unexpected by Claudine Hellmuth
19. My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
20. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
21. Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
22. Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton
23. Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton

Started Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton last night. If I recall correctly Bloody Bones isn't one of my favorites in the series. Still better then the last 3 books in the series but I didn't like it because it was made to be a stand alone if I recall correctly. When I watch the commentaries on Buffy or Alias - Joss and J.J. always talk about how th networks want stand alone episodes. Those episodes that don't have to do with the over all season objective. Such as nothing to do with Rambalidi in Alias or whatever villain of the season for Buffy - like the Mayor or Glory. And I wonder if Hamilton's publishers said the same thing - that they needed a book that doesn't need to go with the others...or if she wanted to make a stand alone book.

Anyway, I am enjoying those early Hamilton books again. Edward is always good to see in the books. I am really liking too that early interaction between Anita and Richard. I had forgot about Larry too - the budding animator/vampire executioner. I heard Edward is back in the new one along with Malcom so I really am looking forward to
The Harlequin
but I still feel I will wait to get it on paper back.

Twenty-three books doesn't seem like a lot of books to have read so far -- but for me it is a big deal as I didn't read one complete book last year because my focus sucked. So it nice to be reading again and getting so much enjoyment from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...