Thursday, July 08, 2004

Dinner Last Night

Dinner Last night was mini italian meatloaves, white beans with tomatoes, and green beans.

I love green beans so you will see a lot of them when I plan a meal.

The mini meatloaves were a new creation because we are watching what we eat.

Ground Turkey
Garlic
Onion
Puree/Chopped Red, yellow and green Peppers
Tomato Paste
Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Parm Cheese

***what was left out that I would have liked to add is oatmeal - I know sounds strange but it bulk it up and gives it a good texture. If you soak the oatmeal in a little hot water before hand it really makes the meat loaf moist and then that eliminates an egg that most people put into the loaf.I did not use an egg as I used paste and also when I grind the peppers up it makes some moisture for the loaves to stick also.

So all the ingredients were mixed together and pressed into the mini meat loaf pans (I have used muffin tins for these before but now I have mini loaf pans) and then I mixed a little of the paste up with some parm and spread it on top of the meat loaves. Baked for about 30 mins.

I then drained a can of great northern beans, chopped up some onion and got a handful of cherry tomatoes. I put a little olive oil into a saute pan and then threw all that into the pan and added some basil and garlic. I sauteed that until the onions were done and tomatoes were starting to break open.

And so that plus the green beans was dinner.

ps: I have had a few people comment to me about the dinner posts - a few of us on livejournal are posting it so that we can get ideas from each other on what to make. So that is why all of sudden I have started posting menus. It has been really cool. I have saved ideas and drooled over some (the brushetta especially).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...