Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Alfredo Sauce

Okay so last night I made Alfredo Sauce…

But I made it a little different last night…low fat. And it still tasted very good.

Here is the original recipe:
1 pint of Heavy Cream
1 stick of butter
2 tbsp. Cream cheese
½ - ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. basil

Here is my revised version:
1 pint of fat free half & half
2 tbsp. Fleishman Butter that does not have trans fat and uses olive oil
3 tbsp. fat free cream cheese
½ - ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. basil
And I always add more garlic but I never measure

In a saucepan combine, half & half, butter, and cream cheese. Simmer this until it is all melted and mixed well. Add Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic powder. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes on low.

I then add cooked chopped chicken and serve over pasta. We had whole-wheat pasta and it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...