Wednesday, April 02, 2003

I am learning how to meditate better and so reading Mindfulness in Plain English. I had it open all day and have been reading it on and off. But I opened this page up an scrolled down while on the phone and stopped....when I just opened it again this paragraph jumped out at me....this is a good lesson for me to learn.....
The meditator’s job is to cancel this unskillful habit by examining it thoroughly, and then replacing it with another. Rather than noticing the differences between self and others, the meditator trains himself to notice similarities. He centers his attention on those factors that are universal to all life, things that will move him closer to others. Thus his comparison, if any, leads to feelings of kinship rather than feelings of estrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...