Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I wish I had been watching this series....but I just don't have time right now.

There is a quiz on that site that is called Snob Status....

I scored 52%....it said: "You haven't quite cut that snub mustard. Being 52% snob doesn't mean you properly stuck up nor does it condemn you to burn in middle class hell. Unless you want to hang in snob limbo forever, brush up on your P's and Q's, buy yourself some fruit knives and start lying about your education quick."

Also has a section that says "You in 1905"

You are a Secretary!
- A Snapshot of your life as it might have been in 1905

Education
You're sent to the local day school until the age of thirteen and then you leave to start learning your trade.

Career Prospects
You join a firm and have an income until you have your first child when you stop working. You support the Liberals and will campaign for better conditions for the working poor, especially for women in sweated labour. You are one of the first women to become a local councilor in 1907.

Leisure Time
At weekends you go into town on the electric tram and spend hours browsing in the fancy new arcades and the department store or visiting tea-shops. You're keen to read the newspaper whenever you can in order to learn about improving women's rights.

Living Conditions
You escape from the flat in a mansion block you share with five other families to live in a pretty villa on the outskirts of the city. The villa has a parlour for special occasions and a small garden. You employ two servants who come by the day to help you with chores, including nursing the children, and you buy meat from the local butcher and groceries from the local shop.

Marital Relations
You marry at 19 and have three children, (one who dies as a baby).


Interesting huh?

Okay so now on to some of an update...

Saturday night was of course good and bad...all at once. It was good because I got to see so many good friends...bad because I am already missing them.

I saw so many wonderful people. There was a couple that came that surprised me - it was a GREAT surprise! Jim (not my ex-husband) and his partner (since I have not asked permission to use her name) came to say good-bye. I was thrilled I almost jumped up when I saw them walk in the door but the speaker had already started so I did not want to interrupt her.

Thank you to everyone who came! I appreciate it so much! :)

I started to get teary a few times but only really cried once....and that is when Moni got up at Carpe Diem and said a few words about me. She started to cry and so of course that made me cry!

Bill and Lisa are having a picnic for me on Sunday. That is really nice of them. They brought a cake to the party on Saturday night that said "Up Up and Away...We will miss You." See what great friends I have? They are incredible! I am going to miss them so much...all of them.

Yeah yeah I am crying....

So to go on to something else....this is from Life Perspectives: "A human being worthy of being served. And one that i find exhilarating to be with. Our sex is supernatural. When she causes me pain i break the bounds of this plane and find a deeper more primal place in myself. I make peace with the beast within, and it is controlled. I am attoned for forgotten sins. I am cleansed through the fire of Pain. I am blessed with the kiss of the whip. And i know my place."

Powerful words! Yummy words! Words that say yes that is it....that say I know how that feels! Thank you friend for letting me share them.

The talk on Saturday night was on Graceful Service. I don't think that is really an accurate title for the talk though. It was etiquette 101. And mostly vanilla etiquette to me. What I guess I would have liked to see more of is....it put to the D/s world. She did that but in more vague terms and not going over much of it at all. She is a very articulate, intelligent woman.

Skipping all over the place I know...

I have SO many clothes! And so many clothes that I don't wear and won't wear. I am downsizing my wardrobe again lol

I got my car in for a tune up, oil change and such to make sure it is ready for my trip. That place was really cheap! But I know they do good work; Bill has used them for a while and I trust him. He has been great always taking care of that stuff for me. Tonight Lisa made a scrumptious dinner. It is going to be odd not being here anymore.

Yeah yeah crying again...making up for Saturday night...

Talked to Nick last night it was a nice talk. We talked about meeting sometime.

Buffy was awesome again tonight. I will write more on that tomorrow...I like to think about the episode before talking about it.

Well I need to go to the bathroom so....going to stop this entry for now. I know did not talk about much...

I just have so much spinning in this brain it is hard to pull one thing out to talk about it.

Oh just a note I will not be posting in my journal all next week. Starting on the 5th (5th might be last day) until at least the 10th. I am going to Detroit to visit j before heading to meet Him in Cheyenne. If you really are curious to how I am doing write Him. I will be calling Him daily until I get to Him.

Okay now I am going...to the bathroom lol And not a dixie cup...Thank gawd! *winks at Jim about that one*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...