Sunday, January 09, 2005

Update about the Real Mouse (Mice)

Okay an update on the Mouse situation....

Two mice have been caught. Master had a few traps with peanut butter and cheese set up where He thought their path seemed to be and it obviously is working. The first one was caught on Friday evening and the next was Friday during the night sometime. We still have them up, but so far nothing more...so I am hoping that was it. I have not slept well for both nights even though I know it is highly unlikely they could get onto our tall tall bed I am having nightmares about mice. I have been really tentative when going into the kitchen still. Master has been great! Protecting me from the mice! He has stayed close by while I am in the kitchen. Tonight was the first night all weekend He was in the office for a bit while I was cooking dinner. Master and I talked in bed this morning on how it will probably be a very long time before I get in the cage, get locked in the closet, or even just sit on the floor.

When I wrote about my mouse experience, I asked Master if He would do a "He says" account of the situation. I also requested that He make it funny because I felt if I did not laugh about it some - I would be even more freaked out about the mouse. I do feel I would not even be going to near the kitchen still if I had not laughed about it some with Him after I read His version.

It is a fear and even though is an irrational fear as I am much much bigger then the little mouse, I can't seem to shake it. Thank you everyone who commented on being so understanding about that fear. I am glad to know I am not alone in that kind of fear.

So just as I am typing this...being slightly brave because I don't have slippers on (first time this weekend my feet have been bare), Master stretches and His foot brushes up against mine. And of course I jump out of my seat. I gasped and felt my heart jump. So see my irrational paranoia is still very alive. Not a good thing!

Master is going to keep the traps up a few more days before seeing where they are getting in. We think there is an entry maybe under the sink somewhere. That is where that traps were set in the cabinets under the sink. There are pretty good size holes (around the pipes) that go down from the flooring in the cabinet down through the actual floor. There is space between the flooring in the cabinet and the actual floor and He thinks that is where they were living. Or were living as I can't stand the thought of more. So it will be quite the project pulling up the flooring in the cabinets and searching out how they got in...in the first place.

So tomorrow, I think I will still be very cautious since I will be alone. My day got interrupted on Friday so I did not get to taking the tree down so that will be my project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...