Friday, December 21, 2007

Just Life....

Doing an update of what is going here...

I talked with my Mom on the phone tonight. It was a long and good conversation. We hadn't talked in a couple of weeks so glad to be able too just chat. She told me I was on the ball this year as they got their present way early and card. I told her I really thought it was because the tree and decorations around the house were up earlier then usual. Most of the time things kind of fall all together...where I am rushing to decorate, shop, do cards and bake all within a short time frame of each other. But this time it was like one thing ended the next started and it wasn't a rush between. Last week was pretty busy but it still wasn't like years past. So I got cards out, did letters with a few of them, got shopping, baking and mailed out packages and this week really I haven't had much Christmas stuff to do. I actually have had a pretty laid back week - and thank goodness for that as I had 2 migraines.

So it has been a very pleasant Christmas season for me. I have been enjoying it thoroughly.

My Mom sounded really tired and that bothered me. It sounds like she really hasn't done her usual Christmas things. She hardly baked. Sounds like she didn't have as many parties this year either. And one she is having on Sunday doesn't sound like she is thrilled about it at all. And if you have read this blog for anytime you know my Mom is the reason I love Christmas. She just made it very magical and fun. So that has me a little concerned. I know some reasons for it but it still made me feel sad.

What else...

Tonight Master and I went out looking at lights! We got some starbucks, turned on XM Holly, sang and went looking at all the pretty lights. There is one neighborhood that really has great lights. They have a pond and the lights reflect on the pond.

We reflected on the last year a bit. It has been busy. I do remember though last year at this time he was just starting to use a cane after his knee injury. So I am glad his knee healed and is better! Another I am thankful for is that it has been great year for his business. It just keeps growing and I am VERY grateful for that! We got to go see my family this past summer and have a celebration that was incredible. One I know I will always remember and cherish. There are many more moments of course. But I should wrap this up...

Tomorrow is packing and just getting ready to leave on Sunday for Master's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...