Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I keep having things come to mind because they were scary big things but then I realize that I did them before....it has just been a while. Selling art and taught a class are those things that are coming to mind. But as for doing something I had never done....I suppose shooting film for Master.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make New Years resolutions.....though I did make a goal of reading more this year and I did do that. But over all I just try to become a better person, try hard, treat people with kindness and respect.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! just a few days ago!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
my dog -- we also had several friends that lost loved ones

5. What countries did you visit?
We didn't go outside the US but we did road trips to Minnesota and Louisiana

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Well I didn't lack but I would love to what we have built on this year to just keep growing...in regards to business and our personal relationship...as it was a really good year for both.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Family celebration in July.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Selling art. I am also going to say my depression really stabilized.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up with my art as much as I would have liked

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Migraines as usual.

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Beauty and the Beast DVD --- was awesome! Master bought that for me! Master buys me a lot great things though but Beauty and the Beast was a great surprise!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Master for just really getting his business

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Too many politicians but Bush of course is topping my list.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I don't have money but when I spent money it was at Michael's Arts and Crafts or Amazon for books.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
I don't think I really listened to any new music this year. Oh I did listen to Carbon Leaf and Death Cab for Cutie....and enjoyed both!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? We were just discussing that the other night and I don't think we can really say but probably poorer as you know owning a new business money goes into it. And there were a ton of expenses this year.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had challenged myself a bit more in my weight and art.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

eating, being quiet when I wanted to say something. I struggle with that constantly.

20. How did spend Christmas?
We spent at Master's family. And then had our own Christmas celebration yesterday and it was GREAT! We had a truly wonderful day!

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I did not fall in love with anyone new this year, but I always keep falling in love with Master. And this year was really good.

22. How many one night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Battlestar Galactica - we watch quite a bit of tv shows on DVD -- West Wing was my favorite this year. We watched all 7 seasons.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

There are some people who I found out I couldn't trust or that are just people whose ethic match my own. But I do not hate anyone.

25. What was the best book you read?
Oh so many good books....top 5 -- Collage Discovery by Claudine Hellmuth, The Reunion by Laura Antoniou, He said, She said by Marge Percy, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Death Cab for Cutie is someone I listened to quite a bit this past year

27. What did you want and get?

Just to get closer Master again as 2006 was pretty rough. And 2007 definitely brought us back to us.

28. What did you want and not get?
Just making time for my art....mostly my own fault with my time management

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Assassination of Jesse James was really extraordinary and set apart from the other top movies we saw -- that were still great - like the 3rd Ocean's, Bourne and Pirates movies...all really good!

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent it in Denver with my parents, Master and Master's parents. We went to the art museum and I turned the big 40!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I am not sure....I guess getting us closer to our financial goals but I know that we will reach it eventually.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
comfortable but girly

33. What kept you sane?
Master, meds, reading

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I prefer people that are actually attainable :)

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
um where do I start...the war, global warming, AIDS, world hunger, the pending oil crash.

36. Who do you miss?
My family

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I am not sure I met anyone really new this year. Although she can be a pain sometimes there is an art contact that we made this year that can/could prove interesting.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
People who can't accept you for who you are.....aren't really people who you would want in your life anyway. Which should be a duh but it hit a few times this year.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I am not sure at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Really neat meme, danae. I'll have to try that sometime soon. I've enjoyed reading your blog this year. Sorry I havn't commented as much. I am here all the time reading though. :)
    Happy new year!
    BIG HUGS
    padme amidala

    ReplyDelete
  2. padme, I always enjoy reading your journal too -- even though I don't comment much. Happy New Year! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...