Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way

Okay so here is the deal...I love music. I love almost any kind of music. But country music is just something I have never been able to like. Anyway, I have not listened to much of the Dixie Chicks in the past. Someone I am actually going to mention in my poly post that is going to be posted after this post - used to listen to them quite a bit and I could stand listening to them but still it had at times too much of that country TWANG that gets to me. I downloaded 1 Dixie Chick song several years ago - their remake of Landslide. I love that song and really liked their remake of it. So I have that one. But other then that never been a Dixie Chick fan.

Anyway, Bill Maher has a show on Amazon.com now and he had the Dixie Chicks on the pilot episode and they played 2 songs and wow I loved them both. It didn't sound country to me. And Bill actually said the same thing. So Master asked me the other night if I wanted any music and right away they came to mind. So I played sample of the whole cd first just to make sure...then asked if I could have the whole cd. As it seemed amazing even just listening to little snippets of it. So he bought it for me. Yay!

Many of the songs talk about the ordeal they had after Natalie spoke out against the President Bush in 2003. And it is pretty powerful stuff - to me anyway. So I have been playing it none stop practically. I will play it and sing to it and I might play it several times in a row and then play something else and then immediately I am back to them. And each time I listen I hear another piece of lyric that really just touches me.

Anyway...I am wanting to pimp them...as it is a REALLY good CD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...