Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Galatica, Whedon and the Grinch that stole Christmas

I was reading my livejournal friend's list and someone mentioned Battlestar Galactica and so I messaged Master to ask if he has heard when the new season started. We weren't fond of how the last season ended so are very interested to see where the next season goes.

Anyway, he was searching and came across an article about Jane Espenson writing an episode of Battlestar. Jane Espenson was a writer for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly. So, of course I was doing a little happy dance in my chair. I then scrolled down the article to the comments and the first comment was TRASHING Joss Whedon the creator of all the before mentioned shows. I pouted and told Master how could someone say that about Joss. (If you haven't picked it up yet...I am a Joss Whedon whore - anything done by Joss I will probably drool and get turned on by watching.) And so I pouted and told Master that the commenter needed to be taken out and shot (of course being the pacifist I am that is probably an exaggeration brought on by frustrations of someone trashing Joss -- but really a good spanking while watching Buffy might cure him) and Master said: "Joss is a very intense writer...he throws in more spins and curves - that's bound to make life miserable for his viewers. That's why we like him. But for the rosy-cheek colored kids in the world that want a happy ending to every story, Whedon is no more than the Grinch that stole Christmas. People who have such shallow opinions - just get ignored by me because they don't have any depth in their analysis. Nothing more than a trivial school-yard mentality." Woohoo Master! He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...