Monday, November 13, 2006

purple sharpie sitting on my desk

Okay so...

I haven't really updated in a few days. We just have been busy and not really all work either. We have been spending lots of quality time together. Dates I guess is what I would call them. Such as yesterday we did went to a few wineries have some samples...and then came home with umm...quite a few bottles of wine. It has been nice just spending time together.


I have written a few times that I am burnt out. I still do not feel like I am *not* burnt out. But I am feeling a little more....focused at times. Where when I was in the height of my burn out, I couldn't focus worth anything. I also am going through less overwhelmed periods and a lot of that is because Master has been helping me out. He took some duties away from me. Years ago I would have felt like that was a "failure" on my part, but now I know it was for the best. I was running myself into the ground and if it kept going that direction - I wouldn't have been of any service to Master. I don't feel 100% yet. I don't like the joy of service is back but I am not as overwhelmed, tired and I am more focused then I was before.


I hope to work on some art this week. I have several projects that I need to finish up and several more that I have floating around in my brain.

Last night I was going through some unread emails and I came across one from Kraft about holiday cookies. And it had a link for hosting a holiday cookie exchange. I would love to do that this year. But I am not sure I have the nerve to do it. I just don't socialize without Master much. So many of my friends are couple friends or were his and now mine so more his. And of course with not "community" here...I don't have any lifestyle friends here. I did that years ago when I was married and us girls had a lot of fun. We had drinks, munchies, cookies and lots of laughter.


Today I was thinking about the holidays.It was the first time I got really excited about it - for this year. Looking forward to decorating the tree and things we do during the holidays. And of course Master now works from home so I am sure we will create new traditions for the holidays. I did also let the thought of Thanksgiving menu pass through my mind as I hadn't given it a lot of thought. I do know that we really enjoyed the stuffing last year and so I will see if it is okay to make that again.


Okay I guess it is bedtime. First I need to take out the garbage...excitement. Then I will go snuggle up to Master and fall asleep quickly (I hope).


* purple sharpie sitting on my desk is just a random fact...just like the rest of this entry...lots of random little things going on.

2 comments:

  1. Why not do a cookie swap with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie parties are great. My mom usually holds one. Generally the girls that I graduated with hold one and it just lasts two hours or so, we eat a small dinner, (enchiladas last year) talk, drink spiced cider, and then take the cookies home or eat them there.

    It might be a good way to get started in socializing because they really are pretty low key- I'm not really into groups, but that's an event I can handle. And if you would invite your master's friends then they might see it as a reaching out to try and get to know them better?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...