Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Smackdown

Smackdown today is about earliest memory. It is odd. I was sitting here thinking that when people talk so clearly of their childhood I feel like I missed something. I feel like I don’t have as many memories as other people. And maybe I don’t. I will look at pictures and it is like I have been told a story about the person in the picture who happens to be me and then I remember it from the picture not from the actual memory.

But there are some things I remember…earliest memory is of being in a house in Grafton, North Dakota. My earliest memories would be sitting up in my little room playing with my Barbie’s. I was probably 3 years old.

Other memories…3 years old again same house sitting on floor in living room playing Barbie’s and watching TV...it is Christmas time…lights are dim as the Christmas tree lights are on. The house had olive green couch and I can’t remember the carpet for sure but I want to say it was olive green also. My mom and dad’s bedroom has a gold, ivory and brown patterned satin shiny bedspread. I remember sliding around on the bed. I also remember playing across the street at a little girl’s house. She had a room that was just a play room and it had all these cool toys…a little kitchen, easels to draw and paint on, all sorts of dolls and clothing and furniture for them such a buggy, crib, high chair and then there were dress up clothes on of my favorite things to do as a kid.

I have memories of when we moved from there to another town in North Dakota that I am not naming as it is small and it was a big part in my family’s life so if mom were to do a search on it she might find this journal lol

It was so fun to live there. We lived on a street with lots of kids and most of my memories are about playing with friends. Oddly enough I don’t have lots of early memories of my parents. I do of my aunt and uncle. But mostly those are bad memories but memories with my friends are the good and fun. And then some with my grandparents and then my mom’s mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...