Thursday, October 18, 2001

The day ended....

Music: Garbage ~ Version 2.0

I am tired and should be in bed.

Today's slightly political rant from me is unusual. I am not sure why but I care about so many things but I just do not "say" it because of basically past issues with my ex-husband. I would get worked up over some piece on the news...like I did today after reading the things on backwash...and Jim would say why get worked up. Why bother....you cannot change it or effect those peoples lives.

Reminds me of these lyrics from a song.....by Garbage, Special...

Do you have an opinion?
A mind of your own?
I thought you were special
I thought you should know


Anyway...he would tell me not to get "worked up about it."

Tonight when I was thinking about things.....the things I read in the news normally triggers those danae peace and love buttons lately. And then I think about people in the world and even here to struggle daily just to make it through the day. And it brings things close again....

I see an image when I just described that....today I was feeling....reaching out and touching all these different places mentally and emotionally because I was charged and excited! I wanted to feel EVERYTHING! I wanted to FEEL ALIVE! TOTALLY...because I feel so awesome.

So this image I see is spinning and waves of thoughts, ideas, love, feelings, joy, ecstasy flowing out of me and touching others.....but others out there are hurting and others out there have lots on their mind and I would touch and feel it and it did not affect me like it could have if I had not been so pumped up today. And so then when I read the news I just I felt INSTANT emotions....reactions. I am not sure I am making sense I am just typing. So then at dinner, I brought things back close. I still feel awesome. But I thought of the world close...here...now....and there are people in this very city who struggle each day to get up and keep going, there are kids here in this city who have tragedy in their lives daily...and that to me I guess is a BIG thing compared to a man going without a toothbrush for 6 days. Sound cold? Maybe...but a child being beaten up in his own house by his own parents daily.....is a bigger tragedy...very cold that it happens. People getting raped, people being mugged and robbed, people going without medical care and children starving happens EVERYDAY....those are daily life events that I think, we as society a lot of the time, view as normal parts of life....that is the *biggest* tragedy.

Not sure that said exactly what I wanted....but it is another rambling....rant from me.....for me.

I thank all my friends and family...for making my Birthday a very nice day! Special Thanks to Sir Nick, Di, and Kam.

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...