Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My answers to Using Honorifics questions

Also I added a few more questions into my post on livejournal so those answers are here too...

I asked a bunch of questions on using honorifics and so now it is my turn to answer them.

For submissives...
Do you mind when someone other then yourself uses a title such as Sir, Master, Mistress or Ma`am with the one that collared to/owned by/submitted to? Are some of those honorifics okay and others bother? If so which ones and why?


This is a hard question for me because I flip flop on it depending on my mood. Master, likes Sir, as an honorific. He likes Master too and Daddy but at times Sir can mean more to him because he doesn't hear it as often as Master and Daddy (since he hears those everyday with me). So, I get mixed feelings when someone calls him Sir because I know it can mean more to him that Master or Daddy.

But for me....Master and Daddy mean more. I know how hard it was for me to say the word Master again and what that meant. And Daddy wow....even harder to say then Master. So Master and Daddy me mean A LOT more then the title Sir. I think I would have problems if someone used Master or Daddy when they aren't Master's property or Daddy's little girl. Sir has meaning for me too but not the same as Master or Daddy.


Do you mind when a dominant uses a "pet" name with you...such as pet, littleone, girl?


I think it would really depend on the person. But a total stranger....calling me pet, little one, subbie, bitch, slut, slave, girl or any other "pet" name drives me batty. By someone I know...it might not be as bad but it really depends on my relationship with them and the "pet" name they use. Pet and littleone in general bother me even from Master but I do of course accept if he calls me them. And he has and I am sure he will again. I like being called my name actually....after years of being in relationships where I was called pet, little one, slave, toy, whore, slut..whatever "pet" name and *never* my name so when my name - actual given name is used, it gets my attention a lot more then anything else. And I love when Master says my name but girl and slave are my favorite pet names from him.

For dominants....
Do you mind when someone uses a title who is not owned by/submitted to/collared to you? Would you prefer to be asked before having someone using a title with you?


After discussing with Master, he likes Sir. He wouldn't find it appropriate though for someone that he didn't own to call him Master and he wouldn't find it appropriate for someone to call him Daddy that wasn't his little girl. And Michael is always fine with him. He never expects someone to use a title.

Do you mind when another dominant calls your submissive a "pet" name?

For the most part he likes just watching me get all worked up when someone calls me "pet" names. But he also would find it odd someone knowing I am his to call me slave or other pet names without asking him if he minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...