Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Good Night....


It is 6:50am I haven't been to sleep yet. I went to bed about 2am and I couldn't get to sleep so about 4:45am I got back up. I have summer time skin allergies and they have seemed to spike up recently so my skin was really itchy. I couldn't get comfortable so I got up and started taking all the those little 10 cent pencil storage boxes we bought and organized my art supplies in my studio. I even got the label maker out and labeled them!

While I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep tonight, I remembered a movie that I had totally forgot about....Summer Lovers. I remember watching as a teen and just fascinated by it. It is about 2 young lovers who go to Greece for the summer. They meet a girl and all 3 of them become involved. I saw it on late night Showtime as a teen and I am sure if my parents had known I was watching it they would have been really upset and telling me how wrong it was or whatnot. But I was mesmerized by it. I remember trying to find it and watch it every time it came on and I do remember watching it more then once. I loved how they were with each other. I am sure years later the actually movie and acting would probably get to me. But the scenery is gorgeous.

Years later after I was married, my husband and I were in Blockbuster and I came across it and remembered how it made me feel watching it as a teen. And so rented and we watched it and although Jim I know liked the thought of 2 girls together (with him) but to him it was just a fantasy not something people actually "should do."

Maybe I should netflix it and see what I think of it today - so many years later.

Anyway, kind of a weird little side note there - but popped into my mind tonight/this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...