Thursday, May 23, 2002

Buffy

Music: Sarah MacLachlan ~ Touch

Buffy Spoilers Ahead :)

Well, my first comments are on Buffy Tuesday night. WOW!!! I loved it...it was a great Buffy to me.

If you have not seen it yet and don't want spoilers then stop reading lol

The story kind of focused on all of them was great. It was not focused one person even though I thought Evil Willow would be the Dominant focus. Lots of things happened……Dawn growing up. (Because of course I relate to her at times so it is nice to see her grow means maybe I will lol maybe! I said maybe lol) Buffy it seems has pushed passed the depression and wants to live. And also sees what her purpose for being back is. Giles being on this one...was GREAT. Oh, how I miss him. And they...Buffy and Anya…. were like little girls running to Daddy's arms. I liked that of course......missing my own Daddy/little girl thing. Spike wow...and I just thought he wanted the chip out to be back to his big bad self. Next season should be interesting wit him....and Buffy and him having a soul now.

Willow's rage and grief.... knowing how it feels to lose someone that you are in love with.... that in love with..... I can understand the rage and grief. Her rage is hard for me to understand as I just keep that so under lock and key.... It is very hard for me to let it out and express it. I can much easier then I used to be able to. But the grief. I remember those months after Morgan's death. I felt like I was a walking zombie. I just went through the motions. And turned to Jim and let him be the safe place...I knew he would never hurt me - as in leave or abandon me.

I liked some of the cool effects they had with the Evil Willow. I liked how she also talked about her 6 years as being a sidekick. And telling Dawn how whiny she was. That was interesting. Dawn is whiny…..I never whined as teenager but I do now lol The princess in me. - Which just reminded me of Nick calling me his lil princess the other night but leaving out one other word he slipped in there lol

Back on topic…I just wonder how they are going to resolve Evil Willow killing people next year. Will she go to jail? (LOL no one ever goes to jail on Buffy well except Faith.) How is Willow going to deal with that guilt? And then still just starting the grieving process with Tara really since she just jumped into that rage with both feet instead of the grief.

My favorite part though was the end.... Xander saving everyone was just perfect. He is the only one that has always been "normal" as in no super power. I really thought that scene could have ended up corny...mushy corny. But it turned out really really good. He was saying, "I love you" to Willow and he just kept saying it even though she would hurt him each time he said it...but he would get up and start again. There was this one point, I said out loud say her name...say her name. And the next "I love you" was "I love you Willow." Names are important. I have learned that one very well...from Ray and Kevin. They both use my name - and how they use my name...always makes it real. Makes me realize it is me they are talking to not just anyone.

The song that played at the end was by Sarah McLachlan and the song is "Prayer of St. Francis" but I'm not sure what CD it's on and going to have to try to find out if I can find it. I really liked it. Just a little from it..."where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy."

I was trying to figure out when I started watching Buffy so I went to www.slayage.com because it lists the episodes from each season and a little synopsis. I have not seen so many even with the repeats I watch on FX.

Anyway, I started watching season 3 but it was very sporadic. Season 4 - I was more dedicated but still missed quite a bit. And season 5 - I was more loyal but hard to still watch every episode but that was because of my job mostly. And then I have been very loyal this year. I am not sure I missed any this season. (Just looked I missed on the one titled Dead Things from Feb 5th.)

Some articles I have read about Buffy the last 2 days... Some things I agree with and others I don't...

Two to Go/Grave: Half and Half by Jen Sonstein

A spoiler for next year and yes it is a spoiler not sure how it is setting with me...

When Britney Meets Buffy

Buffy finale slays its loyal fans

Buffy Star Wants Monster Break

Buffy's Annus Horribilis

Angel...I watch too but not as religiously.... was okay this season. Both Buffy and Angel I don't think were as good as they have been in past seasons. Now, after seeing Buffy in Season 1 and 2.... Those are my favorites.

Side tracked….but I found this when reading articles about Buffy and Angel...it is a quote that I liked....

"Okay, so he survived an unspeakable hell dimension, who hasn't? You can't just leave him alone in the streets of Los Angeles." Fred expressing concern for Connor on "Angel."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...