Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Inside the Actor's Studio and life patterns

From my handwritten journal - no date on it but I would say early April 2002

I have been watching quit a bit of TV since I have been sick since staying online too long makes me feel nauseous and get a headache. One of the shows I have been watching is Inside the Actors Studio. I really like hearing the actors thoughts on how they get into a role, how it felt playing a character and so on.

Ben Kingsley was on one that I watched recently. All his life is a pattern..showing him a clear path. He was born in the same town as Gandhi - who he ended up playing. While he was filming Gandhi, he got a photo of a man who was a fan of his work. And exactly a year later he was playing that man - Simon Wiesenthal who also has the same birthday as him. Then while was filming Searching for Bobby Fischer one of the chess players on the set gave him this book and told him he HAD to read it. It was Shindler’s List. Two days later a producer came to Ben saying Steven Spielberg wants you to read this script. It was the script for Schindlers List.

His life has all these patterns. It is like his life’s path is highlighted in neon yellow showing him exactly where to go next. . . I think that is amazing and I am very envious. I wish the clues to where I need to be going would be that easy.

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...