1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both -- I use some of each
2. Tree: real or artificial? growing up it was always a real tree in the living room and then 2 artificial other places in the house. Master and I have an artificial. One though of those good memories with Jim was us going to a tree farm where we got to go pick out our tree....walking in the snow out through the farm was just really a nice quality moment for us.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually after Dec. 6th. This year the tree was up before then but not decorated until after because of being busy
4. When do you take the tree down? Around the 6th of January
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favourite gift received:
Early years: a doll named Stephanie
Preteen years: I think I was about 10 when I got fashion plates and I loved it
Teen years: a pink long wool coat
Now: the little drawers Master got me stand out
7. Do you have a nativity scene set up? umm yes sort of. It has a manger, angels and sheep and that is it
8. Hardest person to buy for: Master or Master's family. Master because most of the time if he wants something he gets it. And although he has interests quite a few of them I have problems buying things for because I have no knowledge of them. Master's family is hard too just because it is hard to decide what would be a good "family" gift that we don't repeat a million times
9. Easiest person to buy for: most of my friends I find it easy to buy for...always seeing things for them.
10. Worst gift ever received: a sweatshirt with puffy plastic stuff in the shape of bears pushing shopping carts in a weird pink
11. Christmas cards: I like sending them out and I like getting them. Today we got the most beautiful Christmas card from an artist friend and it made Master and I both go damn....that is what we should be doing. Between the both of us we could come up something just as amazing. Really though her art....always leaves me speechless.
12. Favorite Christmas movie: Miracle on 34th Street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start in September or October but mostly it gets done in November and December.
14. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present? no but returned quite a bit
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas: everything sweet! I have a total sweet tooth...sour cream cookies, chocolate caramels, cardamom cookies, my Mom's pecan tarts....and so on and so on
16. Are the tree lights clear, colored, or both? colored but solid colored. We have all red lights on our tree. Someday when we get another house -- I hope to have more then one tree and something else - all white or the multi-colored lights.
17. Favorite seasonal song: Grown Up Christmas List
This is Kelly Clarkson but really my favorite version is by Amy Grant
Grown - Up Christmas List Lyrics
18. Do you travel or stay home for Christmas? We usually stay home. We went to my parents in 2004 and this year we are going to Master's
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Blitzen, Donner, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid and Rudolph (are there any I am missing?)
20. Do you have an angel or a star on top of your tree? We have a star. I have a beautiful angel that now sits on our table on a metal charger because there is now way our little tree would have been able to hold it. But more then that we really wanted to have a star. We still haven't found the perfect one. We found one we loved 2 years ago after Chrsitmas but it again was too heavy. This year I found a metal white washed star ornament but fairly large and so Master drilled some holes in it and we tied it to the top with jute. It works but I think neither of us are totally satisfied with it yet.
21. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas morning. My family growing up always did gifts on Christmas eve and stockings and gifts from other relatives Christmas day. It always made Christmas very magical for me when we did them on Christmas eve because the candles, the glow of the snow through the windows.....it just seems more cozy.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year: parties
23. Favorite seasonal tradition: putting up the tree with Master
24. Family member you try to stay away from: one of my aunt's -- we sent her a Christmas card this year and Master I think fainted when he saw I included her.
25. Do you attend any religious services in celebration? No and sometimes I miss it and other times I don't. Because I have such mixed religious beliefs but I really have always liked Christmas Eve services....again they have this magic and energy that just is amazing to me.