So today we went to see The Golden Compass! Although of course not exactly like the book it was still a good movie. CGI great...because the animals were just amazing. It was a nice way to spend Christmas Eve!
As I have mentioned in previous posts I really didn't read much last year as my depression just wouldn't allow me to concentrate enough to get into a book. So I getting back into reading I thought might be hard a set a loose goal of 25 books this year. Well I was thrilled when I went past 25 and now I am past 50. yay! I have enjoyed reading so much....it is a nice way to relax and I read a lot of page turners this year.
My Reading List 2007
1. Collage Discovery by Claudine Hellmuth
2. Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
3. Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton
4. The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber
5. Artists' Journals & Sketchbooks by Lynne Perrella
6. Creative Utopia: 12 Ways to Realize Total Creativity
7. The Academy by Laura Antoniou
8. The Reunion by Laura Antoniou
9. Bondage by Patti Davis
10. The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds
11. Kink by Darcey Steinke
12. Suicide Blonde by Kathe Koja
13. The Marketplace by Laura Antoniou
14. The Slave by Laura Antoniou
15. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo - I really enjoyed the story. This is the first time I really have read one of his books and not felt I learned something after. This was just entertainment. It was a book about prostitution and also had some SM in it too. I found it interesting since I was a prostitute. And well I like SM. :)
16. He, She, It by Marge Percy - EXCELLENT book! If you like anything set in the future - this book was very interesting. If you like history also you will like this book as it does go through Jewish history of 1600 Prague.
17. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
18. Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond The Unexpected by Claudine Hellmuth
19. My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
20. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
21. Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
22. Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton
23. Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton
24. Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton
25. Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton
26. Burnt Offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton
27. Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton
28. Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton
29. Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton
30. Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton
31. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kid
32. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kid - yes again
33. URGENT 2nd CLASS by Nick Bantock
34. Griffin & Sabine by Nick Bantock
35. Sabine's Notebook by Nick Bantock
36. The Golden Mean by Nick Bantock
37. To Love, To Obey, To Serve by Vi Johnson
38. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
39. Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
40. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova --- really good book about Vlad. I really liked reading the letters. I really liked the fear created at the beginning.
41. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
42. The Living Blood by Tananarive Due -- the sequel to number 19. It really didn't grab me like the first book - at first. But about mid-way through then it became a page turner for me.
43. Lucky by Alice Sebold - it is her own story of when she was raped - I am not sure how I feel about it yet
44. Book Arts by Mary Kaye Seckler
45. The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton - yay! I think there was only one sex scene. Some good action. I got lost in some of it - didn't understand the sequences of what was happening at times but in the end I could kind of piece it together. I like where the ardeur went in this book. I like Haven and hope to see more of him in the next book.
46. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
47. Claiming of Beauty
48. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
49. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
50. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
51. ? There was a book on framing photographs that I read and I can't remember the name at the moment. And I am not at home to go look. So will add that when we get home. But it was good and gave me a lot of ideas.
52. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
53. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman