Friday, April 19, 2002

Quotes from Bloggers

Here is a good quote from The Book of Paige......

"I'm becoming so intrigued by the concept of starting over. Life was so much easier when I was a little kid. If I made a mistake on my etch-a-sketch, all I had to do was shake it and I had an entirely clean slate. If there were little gray-line ghosties lurking, I'd just shake it some more and it became completely clear. Life's not like etch-a-sketch, unfortunately. There are all these snags and entanglements, and nuances of right and wrong and happy and sad. When I was a kid, there weren't shades of happy or sad - I either got my money for the ice cream man and was therefore happy, or I didn't get the money, and had no ice cream, and was therefore sad. It was completely black and white."

That would be nice...if we could start over. The rest of her post that goes with that quote is very good..she basically goes on to say that even if we start over somewhere else the old patterns crop up and soon we find ourselves in the same place we were when we wanted to start over....and I feel that would be true. Her post that goes with that quote is from the entry on Wednesday, March 27th.

I am reading various bloggers.....and next I came upon this one that made me smile....because it was cute...

From July4Good...

"Sometimes, when it is rainy outside, i like to walk to the library to get soaked. Medicine for the pretentious people woes is to go and check out a book i will never read, keep it over due, and then i know i will get mail. After recieving the notice, payin the 25 cent fine does the soul good, donating to a worthy cause, and recieving a letter in return. Some parts of life are just too good."

Okay another from The Book of Paige from March 18th post.....LOL

"Ok, I think I have actually entered the ninth circle of hell. I accidentally caught a part of Martha Stewart Living and she was making her own homemade marshmallow peeps. Newsflash, Martha: They're 33 cents a package!!! (Probably less at K-mart).... Is it just me, or does that sound like the kind of thing they'd have you do in occupational therapy in a mental hospital?"

Thank you...that one made me laugh :) I can't believe anyone would want to MAKE peeps lol

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...