Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Quotes

"Love is real: the most real, the most lasting, - the sweetest and yet the bitterest thing we know." ~ Mrs. Pryor, Shirley by Charlotte Brontë

How true.....yet I am not going to stop loving even though it has been the bitterest thing I have ever known. It is the most lasting thing for me...my love for people just does not go away.

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you." ~ from Winnie the Pooh

I love this quote...When I was going through therapy (when dealing with my rape), I was on an email group that was FANTASTIC! And one of the girls always had Pooh quotes. And that was one of them.

I mean it says so much..."I just wanted to be sure of you." I think we do that with people lots. We do things to - instead of doing like Piglet did we do things to be sure of them. I do that with Nick all the time I just don't use those words. I use emails of neurosis....spilling out all these feels that are all over the place rambling and scattered. And he always handles them so well. I am lucky. :)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

Well said Dr. Seuss! It goes along with another post I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...