Friday, December 08, 2006

2006 in Review

Last year I decided to take part in Wintercount that I found via Danger and Mayhem: The Winter Count was a Native American tradition that helped keep the history of the tribe before they had written records. It usually consisted of pictographs showing major events from the year. Each year, when the new winter count was done, the person responsible for the count would tell the story of the previous counts, passing it down to the next generation, and then filling in new images and stories for the year that had just passed. You can see more examples of Winter Counts in the Library of Congress archives.

And don't feel I can do justice a post for each month so this is a year in review of sorts...

January
~ My parents came to visit. We had a nice visit.
~ Master bought lots of equipment that really got him started on his path to quitting his job.
~ Lots of dentist appointments for me.
~ Obsessed with Project Runway.


February
~ Celebrated 3 years with Master!
~ Unfortunately a really bad month for migraines - some of my worst ever


March
~ nothing really of significance except Master and I had bad colds

April
~ a friend of ours died

May
~ our friend dying affected not only grieving for her loss but Master seeing he needed to live his life and pursue his passion. So he made the decision that he would be giving notice to his job and start his own business

June
~ beginning of June Master gave his notice
~ I worked on lots of art

July
~ Master's "retirement" from his job and the start of his business

August
~ Master had lots of work with his new business right away
~ I had lots of work with his new business
~ Master hurt his knee
~ admitting I was depressed to myself

September
~ I made a big step forward in putting myself out there as an artist
~ Donated my hair to locks of love

October
~ We went on a trip and were gone for almost 3 weeks
~ My Grandmother turned 90
~ I had my birthday and turned 39
~ discussions of depression and being burnt out

November
~ Some upswings on the depression so that was a good thing

December
Well it is still going on but it will turn out to be a very good month!

(ps: the photos are my art - not great photos of them...I need to start asking Master to take pictures of them.)

1 comment:

  1. Always a good thing to look back and see where you've been, and how it's going.
    I've caught myself once, repeating something I had already (not happily) gone through.
    It's all good!
    The journaling helps this process too!
    mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...