Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tree Decorating Adventures

We finally got the tree decorated today. I brought over the tins that have the ornaments in them. I have a ton of Christmas tins that I use to put baked goods. When I pack up the Christmas stuff I put ribbon garland in one tin, ornaments and just other little Christmas odds and ends. And I lifted a few ornaments out of a tin....a scream emerged from me... that the whole neighborhood heard...

My fingers wrapped around...


....the ribbon garland!

One of our cats was in the living room he looked at me and you could tell he thought "what is it that she has in her hand that has made her scream so...it must be horrible." He stalked over to me very cautiously and then sniffed the ribbon in my hand. He looked up at me cocking his head and again you could tell he was thinking no that I can't be what I am smelling. So he sniffed the ribbon again. He looked up at me saying in his cat meows "you do know this is the ribbon garland you have been looking for several days right. You should be happy." And then walked away like "okayyy she has lost it - AGAIN"

See when I looked in this tin before it just looked like it was well packed with ornaments but under the ornaments was the ribbon on their spools. So now we have not only ribbon garland but we have the garland I got at Target last night that is gold with little sparkly stars on it. They actually look good together because the ribbon has cold in it.

I am such a dork sometimes. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had just emptied out each tin. Oh well...live and learn and now the tree is up and looks very pretty.

PS: if you didn't read my last entry this one probably didn't make much sense to you...but basically I think you are getting the gist that I misplaced the ribbon garland and went to 3 stores yesterday trying to find something to replace it. I didn't find ribbon I liked so we ended up getting sparkly gold garland with little stars on it.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Murphy Clause was at your house. It's one of those unwritten Christmas laws, the moment you replace a decoration because you can't find it...you will!

    I'm glad you found your garland. As I read your post I was scared that you were shrieking because there was something rodent-like looking back at you! I'm glad it was glee causing you to disturb the kitty.

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...