Thursday, December 14, 2006

'Tis the Season to be Busy

I will do another look back tomorrow night. But for now I thought I would do a little life update and some commentary to a quote.

Right now life is extremely busy...'tis the season right? We were suppose to leave for a trip today, but well Master has some sad news this week. A friend died so we are delaying our trip. We will be leaving on Saturday. Things we did/doing this week: finished Christmas shopping, baking, more baking, making jar mixes for gifts, getting packages ready to mail and...oh and did I mention baking. My Christmas baking includes: Festive Bark (almond bark with pretzels and M&M's mixed in), peppermint bark, chocolate fudge, maple fudge, chocolate caramels, Cardamom cutout cookies drizzled with espresso glaze and dark chocolate, sour cream cookies, molasses cookies, and chocolate chip cookies with peppermint bark. For jar mixes I did hot cocoa (amaretto and french vanilla), brownies (with white chocolate and coconut), Cranberry, white chocolate cookies, and then M&M Chocolate Chip cookies.

kaya wrote this a while back but I related to it a lot:"Years ago I used to fantasize about being a slave, like a lot of people who read me tell me they do. And now, I fantasize about not being a slave..lol. I used to have this romanticized vision of being an owned woman, controlled and obedient.. and now I have a romanticized vision of having a job and having friends and being normal."

I know once upon a time I had a very romantic version of what D/s was...what being a slave was about...I got caught up in that submission is a gift and slaves are cherished precious property and should be treated as such. And well although Master loves me and views me as valuable property there is not all the hearts and flowers that I read of in stories. Being a slave - for me - is a lot of hard work and putting him first always and in all ways. And some days that is harder then I would like to admit. Some days going back to my previous days in my life...of hanging out with friends - shopping and dinner sounds great. And not that Master wouldn't let me do that...but my mindset is totally different now and even when I have done things with friends the mind is always whats next. And so it isn't the same as before.

Looked at time....I need to get going and finish addressing packages...

But one last thing...although hanging out with friends and doing what I want sounds nice...I wouldn't trade serving Master. I am his and I want to his for as long as he will have me.

1 comment:

  1. I also love holiday baking, and always enjoy giving cookies and candies as gifts. If you ever feel like posting recipes, I'd love to see them. BTW, I hope it's ok, but I've linked to from my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...