Monday, October 29, 2001

Band of Brothers

Music: Practical Magic Soundtrack, Gross Blank Soundtrack

I fell asleep for a very short time and then ended up waking up with nightmares and so then turned the TV on and ended up watching a movie that was on one of the channels. I think I finally fell back asleep about 5am. And it is 9am as I write this and I am up, have taken a shower, unloaded the dishwasher, and did some work. Insane? yes lol

Last night Mistress DM asked me if I was asked how I was trained (do not quote me on those exact words lol) how I would answer. I answered how I have always answered that question. I guess the question I am usually asked is how much training do I have. And I always say...I have served in a poly household as a 24/7 slave for 2 years. I have also bottomed and been in a LDR as a submissive also.

Someone I was talking to the other day told me I was a good slave. And I told them I was not a slave. I am always curious when people call me that. He told me I was a good slave because of my loyalty to Sir Nick.

I do not watch movies with war in them...like Saving Private Ryan I have never seen. I learned a while back that movies with war or post war things in them disturb me too much. Movies with Vietnam seem to even affect me more then others...or ones that deal with the concentration camps. The one with Tom Cruise Born on 4th of July and then their was one with Bruce Willis....I just went to IMD to look it up....it is called In Country. That movie left me depressed for at least 3 days afterwards. I cried so hard after it that I scared Jim. And not sure how to explain it, but it hurts to watch things like that. Because I know that they are true - people went through that and felt like that and saw the things they did and that hurt me. I have been watching Band of Brothers....for a couple reasons.....one of those reasons being Sir Nick. Anyway, so far in watching it I have been okay (up until last nights episode). One reason I believe is because it is broke up in to one-hour segments. I am not getting the feel that I do from other movies dealing with war. As, I told Sir Nick, this is a movie about the Band of Brothers and because it is broke up in 1-hour segments I am not getting a feel for them being a "band of brothers." I mean we are going through all this time with these guys and I still do not know who exactly is the band of brothers. There is one character throughout each episode that is consistent...that is Winters. The rest what they do is kind of focus on 2 during each hour. But they are covering them in this hour and it is very surface feeling....shallow. I think if they had done them in 2 hours parts that I would have got more of the feeling they are a band of brothers. Right now I get stories of history but not of them...the men. And I wanted stories of them since it is titled the Band of Brothers.

Last nights episode affected me because they found a concentration camp. I look and see that is what happened. There were people that looked like that because of what was done to them.......there were people that went through that...and it hurts. I ache inside and so last nights episode upset me.

There was a town not far from the concentration camp they found and when it was reported the general he was outraged that the towns people had not done anything to stop it. He could not believe they did not know about it. So he declared marshall law and so they had to do what he said...and he made them go and bury the bodies at the camp. I do not know if I disagree with that. I mean how did they not know?

I suppose I should stop thinking about this so I can get my stomach calmed down and get back to work.

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...