Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Back to art

I am thinking about art today.

I remember as a child drawing for hour and hours. I remember when we would go to a museum as a class when I was a kid....I loved it and could have lived there. We would go the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, Nebraska. And I would LOVE it. When I was in college, I would go there....just sit and draw or write. I would sit down in front of a painting and stare at it and then just draw. Usually not even the painting....it just inspired me and got the creative juices flowing. I would also write in my journal then. I am not sure I have those journals from college anymore. I know I have my journals from when I was married.

Back to art.

I miss it.

I miss drawing. I miss looking at it. I miss researching it like I used to. I miss reading about it. I miss so much about it.

When I moved to Ohio, I stopped drawing completely. I mean I can count on one hand how many times I have drawn since moving here. And that actually has been in the last 2 years.

It was such a big part of me and it feels like I am missing it. I used to be able to look at a piece of art and tell you probably the artist if not that at least the period. And I could analyze it a little. I loved art history in college. All my art history classes were A's for me.

Now....I can't I look at an artist's work and know I recognize it but can't tell you anything about it. And it bothers me a lot. I am not sure how I got to thinking about art this morning but I did.

It really feels like so many....things that were passions before are not...now. I stopped doing all the things I enjoyed when I was owned 4 years ago. Because it felt like they would interfer with my service. Also they seemed to not be things the person I was with liked. So, it seemed useless for me to talk about them. I just stuffed them away and now....they are lost and forgotten basically.

I want them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...